Required Tools and Supplies
- 26mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Multifunction Pliers
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile.
To remove and install the ignition switch on your ProStar S4 INDY Adventure snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Remove both side panels by turning the three quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panels away from the sled and pull out to remove.
3. Disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
5. Disconnect the connector and remove the hood from the sled.
6. Remove the two push-pin rivets at the front of the switch panel with multifunction pliers.
7. Pivot the panel up and slide forward to release the retention tabs.
8. Carefully remove and retain the ignition switch nut with a 26mm socket.
9. Pull the switch forward through the hole in the switch panel and pivot out to gain access to the connector.
10. Push in on the connector tab and pull back to disconnect from the ignition switch. Note: A flat head screwdriver can be used to aid in releasing the connector tab.
11. To install, connect the connector to the ignition switch and ensure it is fully seated.
12. Align the notch above the switch with the notch in the switch panel.
13. Reinstall the ignition switch through the switch panel and secure with the retained nut.
14. Torque the nut to 50 in-lbs (5.65 Nm) while holding the ignition switch.
15. Insert the switch panel retention points into the console first and pivot the panel down.
16. Reinstall the panel push-pin rivets.
17. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the front tabs are properly engaged.
18. Reconnect the connector underneath and verify it is secure.
19. Continue by securing the two hood panel latches.
20. Reinstall both side panels by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
21. Latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure each panel.
22. Finish by starting the vehicle to ensure the lighted handguard caps are working properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.