|Required Tools and Supplies|
|T25 TORX® Socket||8mm and 10mm Sockets|
|Shop Rags||Safety Glasses & Nitrile Gloves|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Several tunnel bags are available to add storage to your Polaris Matryx snowmobile. View the full selection of bags and use the fitment tool to find one that fits your snowmobile. To assemble and install a tunnel bag on your Matryx snowmobile, follow the steps below. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile.
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Unzip the bag and remove the internal dividers.
3. Then unzip the inside fabric panel of the bag to access the mounting holes underneath.
4. Align the provided front feet to the grooves on the bottom of the bag.
5. Insert the screws through the inside of the bag into the front feet, and use a T25 TORX® socket to tighten until fully seated.
6. Insert screws into the front feet from the underside of the bag and secure with the provided nuts. Using T25 TORX® and 8mm sockets, torque the fasteners to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
7. Align the latch housing to its mounting location on the bottom of the bag.
8. Ensuring the corners are properly aligned, place the latch housing cover onto the latch housing.
9. Insert the screws through the latch housing cover and into the bag.
10. With 10mm and 8mm sockets, install the provided nuts on the inside and counter-hold while torqueing the latch screws to 70 in-lbs (8 Nm).
11. Insert the provided screws into the latch housing.
12. With a T25 TORX® and 8mm socket, attach the provided nuts to the screws on the inside of the bag. Torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
13. Insert the rubber bumpers into the holes of the front feet and latch housing. Soapy water can be used to aid in installation.
14. Zip up the fabric panel on the inside of the bag, and reinstall the internal dividers as desired.
15. Move to the snowmobile, and insert the two T-slot bolts into the tunnel rack and position them on either side of the applicable openings.
16. Install the latch onto the T-slot bolts, ensuring the bottom of the latch is properly aligned with the opening on the track.
17. Attach the provided nuts with a 10mm socket. Torque to 70 in-lbs (8 Nm).
18. When installing the bag, begin by inserting the feet into the two front slots. Then release the latches while pressing down firmly on the bag to engage the latches. Release the latches to lock the bag in place and ensure it is secure.
19. To remove the bag, release the latches. Then lift up and pull back to remove it from the sled.
20. Once installed, the T-slots can be repositioned to accommodate both long- and short-sized bags.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.