VIDEO: TITAN Spark Plug Inspection and Replacement
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your Polaris TITAN SP 155, TITAN XC 155 or TITAN Adventure 155, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove each side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panels out and lift up to remove.
3. Disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
5. Disconnect the connector and remove the hood from the sled.
6. Remove the spark plug wrench from its holder.
7. Using a T30 TORX® socket, remove the two fasteners securing the load center bracket to the sled.
8. Carefully move the load center out of the way to gain access to the spark plugs.
9. Remove both spark plug leads.
10. Clean the area around the spark plug to prevent debris from falling into the engine.
11. Loosen the two spark plugs with a 13/16-inch spark plug socket and remove from the vehicle.
12. Inspect the electrodes and insulators for wear and carbon buildup. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion on the electrodes.
13. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap, if necessary. The gap should be 0.027 inches (0.7mm).
14. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. Severe engine damage may occur if the incorrect spark plug is used. The spark plug is NGK BPR 9ES, which is part number 3022082.
15. Install the spark plugs into the engine. Torque to 18 to 22 ft-lbs (24 to 30 Nm).
16. Reinstall the spark plug leads and ensure they are secure.
17. Realign the load center bracket and reinstall the two fasteners. Torque the fasteners to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm).
18. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged.
19. Reconnect the connector underneath and verify it is secure.
20. Secure the two hood panel latches.
21. Reinstall both side panels by aligning the tabs at the bottom and top.
22. Secure the rubber strap and the two quarter-turn latches.
23. Finally, start the engine to verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.