Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the battery on your Polaris TITAN SP 155 or TITAN XC 155, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Lift up on the seat latch and pull back to remove the seat.
3. Continue by removing the two battery bracket fasteners with a 10mm socket. Remove the bracket.
4. Next, using a 10mm socket, remove the negative battery cable first to prevent arcing and set aside.
5. Then remove the positive cable protector boot.
6. Using a 10mm socket, remove the positive battery cable and set aside. Reinstalling the fasteners into the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
7. Lift the battery up to remove from the snowmobile.
8. Clean out the inside of the battery tray with a clean cloth.
9. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery.
10. Carefully install the battery into the snowmobile.
11. Next, reinstall the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm) and reinstall the protector boot.
12. Then reinstall the negative cable. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
13. Apply a light film of dielectric grease or petroleum jelly to both terminals.
14. Before reassembly, verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
15. Reinstall the battery cover and two fasteners. Torque the fasteners to 7 ft-lbs (10 Nm).
16. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front retaining tab and pushing down in the rear.
17. Finish by starting the snowmobile to verify the battery has been connected properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.