|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly||10mm Socket|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the battery on your Polaris RMK KHAOS AXYS, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Remove the right side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panel out and lift up to remove.
3. Next, use pliers to remove the two push rivets securing the lower right portion of the right console.
4. Continue by removing the push rivet underneath that's securing the right fender to the footrest.
5. Next, remove the rubber battery strap with a pick.
6. Then lift the battery cover up and out of the sled.
7. Using a 10mm socket, remove the negative battery cable first to prevent arcing and set aside.
8. Then remove the positive cable protector boot.
9. Next, using a 10mm socket, remove the positive battery cable and set aside.
10. Lift the battery up to remove from the snowmobile.
11. Clean out the inside of the battery tray with a clean cloth.
12. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery.
13. Next, carefully reinstall the battery into the snowmobile.
14. Then reinstall the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm) and reinstall the protector boot.
15. Next, reinstall the negative cable. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
16. Apply a light film of dielectric grease or petroleum jelly to both terminals.
17. Before reassembly, verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
18. Next, reinstall the battery cover.
19. Then reinstall the cover strap.
20. Next, install the push rivet to secure the fender to the footrest.
21. Continue by installing the two push rivets that secure the lower right portion of the console.
22. Next, reinstall the side panel by inserting the tabs at the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and the two quarter-turn latches.
23. Finish by starting the snowmobile to verify the battery has been connected properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.