Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- 13/16-Inch Crowfoot Wrench
- Spark Plug Wrench
- Spark plug (if replacing)
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your Polaris Pro-RMK AXYS 155, 163 or 174 with a 600, 800 or 850 engine, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove both side panels by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panels out and lift up to remove.
3. Next, disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
5. Disconnect the connector and remove the hood from the sled.
6. If needed, the intake can be removed to gain additional clearance.
7. Next, carefully remove both spark plug leads. NOTE: Mark the spark plug wires to identify which plug wire corresponds to which cylinder.
8. Then clean the area around the spark plugs to prevent debris from falling into the engine.
9. Next, remove the spark plug wrench from the spark plug holder.
10. Then use the spark plug wrench to loosen the two spark plugs and remove them from the vehicle.
11. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion of the electrodes.
12. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should be 0.027 inches (0.7 mm).
13. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. The recommended spark plug is part number 3022082.
14. Install the spark plugs into the engine with a 13/16-inch crowfoot wrench and torque to 18 to 22 ft-lbs (24-30 Nm).
15. Next, reinstall the spark plug leads and ensure they are secure.
16. Then reinstall the spark plug wrench in its holder.
17. Also reinstall the intake if previously removed.
18. Next, reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged.
19. Then reconnect the connector underneath and verify it is secure.
20. Continue by securing the two hood panel latches.
21. Then reinstall both side panels by aligning the tabs at the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and the quarter-turn latches.
22. Finally, start the engine to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.