Always perform a pre-ride inspection before operating your Polaris snowmobile. Complete inspection and maintenance procedures for your specific vehicle can be found in your Owner’s Manual.
Be sure to check the following before starting the engine:
- The condition of the drive belt. Inspect the belt for signs of excessive wear like frayed edges, missing cogs, cracks and excessive looseness. Replace the belt if any of these conditions exist.
- The steering system. If the skis cannot turn completely to the right and left, check for ice and snow buildup.
- The recoil rope should be free of excessive wear, and the knot securing the rope inside the handle should be secure.
- The parking brake lock, brake lever and brake system. The brake lever should move no closer than 0.5 inches to the handgrip.
- The auxiliary shut-off switch or the engine stop switch should operate properly.
- The ignition switch. The engine should stop when the switch is turned to OFF.
- The taillight, brake lights and headlights all should function properly. Replace any burned out lamps.
- The suspension mounting bolts should be checked for tightness.
- The skags should be checked to ensure positive steering characteristics.
- The ski saddle and spindle bolts should be inspected.
- The hood straps and latches should be securely in place.
- The throttle lever and safety switch. The lever should compress evenly and smoothly. When released, it immediately should return to the idle position.
- The suspension should receive a visual inspection. Loose nuts and bolts can reduce your snowmobile’s reliability and cause needless repairs and down time.
- If the vehicle is equipped with a tether switch and strap, make sure they're working properly. Remove the tether from the switch to make sure the engine immediately stops.
- The track alignment and condition. Inspect the track for damage before operating.
- The rail slides should be replaced if they are worn to the top of the wear limit indicator groove.
- Check coolant and oil levels.
- Accessories and cargo should be securely fastened and stored.
For model-specific instructions on performing a pre-ride inspection, follow the links below.
AXYS INDY XC
AXYS INDY Adventure 137
650 INDY VR1
850 INDY VR1
INDY XC Launch Edition
650 Switchback Assault 146
850 Switchback Assault 146
AXYS Switchback Assault
Patriot Boost RMK Matryx Slash
Pro-RMK AXYS 3-Inch Track
RMK KHAOS AXYS
TITAN SP and TITAN XC
INDY EVO and RMK EVO
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.