Tethering your phone to your model year 2019 and newer vehicle allows RIDE COMMAND data to be synced between the app/website and your vehicle's display. A standard Bluetooth® connection allows you to do things like take voice calls and play music, but a mobile hotspot or tether connection made through Bluetooth® allows your display to connect to the RIDE COMMAND Cloud by using your cell phone's data connection.
Cell coverage is required for tethering. Please check with your carrier to confirm your phone’s tethering capabilities. You do not need to open the RIDE COMMAND app to allow your content to sync.
For help tethering your Android® phone, read Creating a Mobile Hotspot and Tether with Your Android®.
Follow these instructions to tether your iPhone®.
1. Ensure that your phone has a personal hotspot plan available for use.
2. Turn on your personal hotspot in your phone's settings.
a. Navigate to SETTINGS > PERSONAL HOTSPOT.
b. This screen will give you the option to allow other devices to connect to your personal hotspot. Tap the toggle switch to allow your vehicle to connect to your hotspot.
c. Your hotspot is now active.
3. After your personal hotspot is turned on, turn on your vehicle and allow your phone to connect to the vehicle display. They will connect automatically.
4. When your vehicle is connected to your personal hotspot, the time on your status bar will have a green box around it.
If you're having issues connecting to the display with your personal hotspot, try this:
1. "Forget" your device from your display and your display from your device.
2. Re-connect your phone and vehicle via Bluetooth® (read Connecting Bluetooth® Devices to 2019 and Newer RIDE COMMAND for more detailed instructions). You will need to verify the pairing code and accept or deny contact syncing and notifications.
3. Repeat the steps above to connect your mobile hotspot.
For additional data syncing instructions and information, read Syncing RIDE COMMAND Data.
iPhone® and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.