Required Tools and Supplies
- 13mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. When replacing skags, always replace in pairs and follow all warnings listed in the Owner’s Manual.
To remove and replace the skags on your Patriot 9R PRO RMK Slash or KHAOS Slash, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the snowmobile is on a flat, level surface.
2. Safely raise the sled so the skis are at least 6 inches off the ground.
3. Remove the three skag nuts and washers inside the ski.
4. Pull the skag down and out of the ski to remove.
5. Inspect the skag for wear or damage and replace if necessary. Skags should be replaced when they have worn to half their original diameter and should always be replaced in pairs. New skags are part number 2882953.
6. Align the skag studs to the ski mounting holes and install the new skag.
7. Install the three washers and skag nuts. Torque the nuts to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
8. Once complete, safely lower the snowmobile to the ground.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.