- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
Grille inserts for Polaris Matryx snowmobiles come in five color options. Stealth Black is part number 2884979-067. Indy Red is part number 2884979-293. Lime Squeeze is part number 2884979-630. Polaris Blue is part number 2884979-751. And Stealth Gray is part number 2884979-804. To install grille inserts, follow the steps below.
Before installing any accessories, ensure the snowmobile is parked on a flat, level surface and remove the key. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile.
1. Remove both side panels by turning the three quarter-turn latches and pivoting the panels away from the sled to remove them.
2. Disconnect the two hood latches, and lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
3. Disconnect the connector and pivot the hood up to remove it from the sled.
4. Once the hood is removed, flip it over and locate the grille fasteners. Place the hood on a soft surface to prevent scratching.
5. Using a pick, carefully bend the retainer tabs back onto their mounting posts and pull them off to free the grille.
6. Once all retainers are removed, remove the grilles from the hood and install their replacements.
7. Slide the provided retainers onto the grille posts, and push down to secure the grille inserts.
8. Before continuing, verify the retainers are fully seated by pressing down on the ends with a flat-head screwdriver.
9. Repeat this process for the other grille.
10. Reinstall the hood, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged.
11. Reconnect the connector underneath, and verify it is secure.
12. Continue by connecting the two hood panel latches.
13. Reinstall both side panels by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
14. Latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure each panel.