|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8mm Allen Socket||Safety Glasses|
|T40 TORX® Socket||Nitrile Gloves|
|Torque Wrench||Shop Rags|
|AGL Transmission Fluid|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your snowmobile. To change the transmission fluid on your Polaris TITAN Adventure, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the right side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panel out and lift up to remove.
3. Remove the two push rivets securing the lower-right portion of the console with a pliers.
4. Continue by removing the push rivet underneath that secures the right fender to the footrest.
5. Remove the three fasteners securing the rear of the right fender to the footrest support with a T40 TORX® socket.
6. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
7. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
8. Carefully flex the right fender downward to gain access to the drain plug.
9. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and allow the fluid to drain completely.
10. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
11. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
12. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
13. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 28 ounces (828 ml). AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml).
14. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
15. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle. Properly dispose of the used fluid.
16. Carefully reposition the right fender and reinstall the three fender fasteners. Torque to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
17. Install the push rivet to secure the fender to the footrest.
18. Continue by installing the two push rivets securing the lower-right portion of the console.
19. Reinstall the side panel by inserting the tabs at the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and the two quarter-turn latches.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.