Required Tools and Supplies:
- 8mm Allen Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- Torque Wrench
- AGL Transmission Fluid
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves while servicing your snowmobile. To change the transmission fluid on your Polaris TITAN XC or TITAN SP, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the right side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two quarter-turn latches. Pull the panel out and lift up to remove.
3. Next, use a pliers to remove the two push rivets securing the lower right portion of the console.
4. Continue by removing the push rivet underneath that secures the right fender to the footrest.
5. Using a T40 TORX® socket, remove the three fasteners securing the rear of the right fender to the footrest support.
6. Continue by placing a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
7. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket. Set it aside.
8. Carefully flex the right fender downward to gain access to the drain plug.
9. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
10. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
11. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
12. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
13. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The transmission fluid capacity is 29 ounces (850 ml). AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml). See your Polaris dealer to purchase.
14. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
15. Wipe up any residual fluid on the vehicle, and inspect for leaks.
16. Carefully reposition the right fender and reinstall the three fender fasteners. Torque to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
17. Install the push rivet to secure the fender to the footrest.
18. Continue by installing the two push rivets securing the lower right portion of the console.
19. Reinstall the side panel by inserting the tabs at the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and the two quarter-turn latches.
20. Finish by safely disposing of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.