Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- Spark Plug Wrench
- 13/16-inch Spark Plug Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your Polaris INDY EVO or RMK EVO, follow these steps:
1. Park the sled on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the left side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two latches. Pull the panel out and lift up to remove.
3. Next, carefully remove both spark plug leads.
4. Then clean the area around the spark plugs to prevent debris from falling into the engine.
5. Next, remove the spark plug wrench from the tool pouch.
6. Then use the spark plug wrench to loosen the two spark plugs and remove them from the vehicle.
7. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup.
8. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should be 0.027 inches (0.7 mm).
9. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for recommended spark plugs.
10. Install the spark plugs into the engine. Torque to 18 to 22 ft-lbs (24-30 Nm) with a 13/16-inch spark plug socket.
11. Reinstall the spark plug leads and ensure they are secure.
12. Also reinstall the spark plug wrench into the tool pouch.
13. Then reinstall the left side panel by aligning the tabs at the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and the two latches.
14. Finally, start the engine to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.