Required Tools and Supplies
- 6mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
- Drain Pan
- Shop Rags
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your snowmobile. To change the chaincase fluid on a Polaris INDY LXT, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the vehicle is on a flat, level surface.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Clean the area around the chaincase fill plug.
4. Remove the fill plug with a 6mm Allen socket and set aside.
5. Place a drain pan underneath the drain plug. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of fluid.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with a 6mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 6 to 10 ft-lbs (8-13 Nm).
11. Fill the chaincase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 9 ounces (266 ml). The required fluid is Synthetic Snowmobile Chaincase Lubricant (part number 2873105).
12. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 6 to 10 ft-lbs (8-13 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.