Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- 13mm Socket
- 15mm Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the upper A-Arm (control arm) on your Patriot 9R PRO RMK Slash or KHAOS Slash, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the snowmobile is on a flat, level surface.
2. Safely elevate the snowmobile. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper lifting techniques.
3. Counter-hold the upper control arm spherical bearing and remove the nut, washers and spherical bearing with an 8mm Allen socket and 15mm wrench. Discard the nut.
4. Carefully separate the spherical bearing from the spindle.
5. Remove and discard the flange nuts securing the pivot shafts to the sled and remove the upper control arm assembly with a 13mm socket.
6. If reusing the control arm, clean with a clean shop rag.
7. Inspect the pivot tubes for wear or damage and replace if necessary.
8. Inspect the spherical bearing for wear or damage and replace if necessary.
9. Align the control arm assembly with the mounts on the sled and reinstall the assembly.
10. Loosely secure with four new control arm nuts.
11. Loosely install the upper control arm spherical bearing, retained washers with the dome facing down and a new flange nut.
12. Torque the upper control arm nuts to 30 ft-lbs (41 Nm).
13. Torque the upper control arm spindle nut to 48 ft-lbs (65 Nm).
14. Finally, lower the vehicle completely.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc