The RCA plug kit for Polaris Matryx snowmobiles is part number 2883824. For more information, view the installation instructions.
Required Tools and Supplies
- 3/4-inch (19mm) Hole Saw
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Pliers (Side Cutting)
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Safety Glasses
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To install and operate the RCA plug kit on your Polaris snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Begin by parking the vehicle on a flat and level surface. Set the parking brake and remove the key.
2. Remove both side panels by turning the three (3) quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panels away from the sled and pull out to remove.
3. Disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath and disconnect the connector.
5. Pull the sides of the hood out and away from the side panel fasteners. Lift the hood up and away to remove it from the vehicle.
6. To remove the switch panel, use the multi-function pliers to remove and retain the two push pin rivets.
7. Slightly lift the switch panel and disconnect the ignition switch and other switches, if equipped. Tip: Use a flathead screwdriver to release wiring clip
8. If equipped, remove the tether. Then remove the tether switch by removing the plastic nut and the tether from the panel.
9. With the panel removed from the vehicle, align with the witness mark and use a hole saw to cut out the opening.
10. Slide the grommet away from the RCA plug and route the RCA plug through the opening.
11. Secure the grommet in place and then install the RCA plug wiring until it is fully seated in the grommet.
12. To reinstall the panel, route the RCA connector through the opening.
13. Locate the power connection on the right side of the snowmobile. The vehicle connector will be labeled “RCA plug.” Remove the protective cap and connect RCA power wire.
14. Use one cable tie to bundle the extra length of RCA power wire and attach it to the main vehicle harness. Note: Do not connect to fuel lines.
15. Reinstall the tether, if equipped.
16. Connect the connector to the ignition switch and ensure it is fully seated.
17. Reinstall the ignition switch through the switch panel and secure with the retained nut.
18. Install the switch panel onto the console by aligning the tabs and securing with the two push pin rivets.
19. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged. Reconnect the connector underneath and verify it is secure. Secure the two hood panel latches.
20. Reinstall both side panels by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
21. Latch the three (3) quarter-turn latches to secure each panel.
22. Test the RCA plug by connecting it to a helmet equipped with RCA accessories. Then, in a well-ventilated area, start the snowmobile. A light will illuminate on the helmet to indicate power is connected.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.