Required Tools and Supplies:
- Spark Plug Wrench
- 13/16-Inch Crowfoot
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your model year 2022 and newer Matryx platform Voyageur, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove both side panels by turning the three quarter-turn latches. Pivot the panels away from the sled, and pull out to remove.
3. Disconnect the two hood latches.
4. Lift the hood up slightly to gain access to the connector underneath.
5. Disconnect the connector, and remove the hood from the sled.
6. Carefully remove both spark plug leads.
7. Clean the area around the spark plugs to prevent debris from falling into the engine.
8. Remove the spark plug wrench from the spark plug holder.
9. Loosen the two spark plugs, and remove them from the vehicle with a spark plug wrench. If reusing, take note of the cylinders they were installed in for reinstallation.
10. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup. They should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion.
11. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should measure 0.027 inches (0.7 mm).
12. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for the recommended plugs.
13. Install the spark plugs into the engine. Torque using a 13/16-inch Crowfoot wrench to 22 ft-lbs (30 Nm).
14. Reinstall the spark plug leads, and ensure they are secure.
15. Reinstall the spark plug wrench in its holder.
16. Reinstall the hood panel, ensuring the tabs in front are properly engaged.
17. Reconnect the connector underneath, and verify it is secure.
18. Continue by securing the two hood panel latches.
19. Reinstall both side panels by inserting the upper tab and pivoting in to engage the lower tab.
20. Latch the three quarter-turn latches to secure each panel.
21. Start the engine to ensure proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
NGK® is a registered trademark of NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.