Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm and 10mm Wrenches
- Tape Measure
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To adjust the brakes on a Polaris 120 INDY, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface.
2. Disconnect the safety tether.
3. Release the rubber strap on each side of the hood and pivot back to open.
4. Inspect the brake lever free play. The free play should measure 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch (6 to 10 mm).
5. Inspect the clearance between the brake lever and block. It should measure 3/4 inch (19 mm).
6. If adjustment is needed, slide the two rubber covers off the brake cable to expose the barrel nut.
7. While holding the barrel nut with an 8mm wrench, loosen the jam nut with a 10mm wrench.
8. Rotate the barrel nut until you have achieved the proper brake lever adjustment.
9. Check the actuator linkage to ensure there is freedom of movement. Also make sure that all floating parts move freely and that all parts are securely mounted. Tighten all hardware as needed.
10. Torque the adjustment jam nut until fully seated and slide the rubber protector boot back over the adjuster.
11. Close the hood, secure the rubber straps and reinstall the safety tether.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.