Required Tools and Supplies
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris snowmobile. To remove and install the battery on your 2018+ TITAN Adventure, follow these steps:
1. Park the snowmobile on a flat, level surface and remove the key.
2. Begin by disconnecting the passenger seat accessory plug on the left side of the sled.
3. Push the passenger seat latch down and pivot the seat back to remove.
4. Lift up on the driver’s seat latch and pull back to remove.
5. Use a 10mm socket to remove the two battery cover fasteners. Remove the cover.
6. Inspect the battery pad inside the cover, and replace if necessary.
7. Use a 10mm socket to remove the negative battery cable first to prevent arcing and set it aside.
8. Pull the positive cable protector boot back and remove the positive battery cable fastener. Set the cable aside. Reinstalling the fasteners into the battery posts will help prevent misplacement.
9. Lift the battery up to remove it from the snowmobile.
10. Clean out the inside of the battery tray with a clean cloth.
11. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery.
If replacing the battery, replace with part number 4013045.
12. Carefully install the battery into the snowmobile with the terminals facing toward the front of the sled.
13. Reinstall the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm), and reinstall the protector boot.
14. Then reinstall the negative cable. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
15. Apply a light film of dielectric grease or petroleum jelly to both terminals.
16. Before reassembly, verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
17. Reinstall the battery cover and two fasteners. Torque the fasteners to 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm).
18. Reinstall the seat by aligning the front retaining tab and securing the latch in the rear.
19. Reinstall the passenger seat by aligning the retaining tabs and pivoting the seat forward to engage the locks.
20. Reconnect the passenger seat accessory plug.
21. Start the snowmobile to verify the battery has been connected properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries, Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.