Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your snowmobile. To inspect or replace the drive belt on a Polaris INDY LXT, follow these steps.
Caution: Do not attempt to remove the drive belt after operating in reverse. The snowmobile must be stopped after forward motion to prevent damage to components during belt removal.
1. Ensure the vehicle is on a flat, level surface.
2. Remove the left side panel by releasing the rubber strap and turning the two latches. Pull the side panel out and lift up to remove.
3. If needed, rotate the driven clutch counter-clockwise 1/4 of a turn by hand to disengage reverse.
4. Set the parking brake.
5. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
6. Insert the clutch spreader tool from the tool kit into the threaded hole on the driven clutch and turn it clockwise to spread the clutch. Notice: If the tool does not turn readily, rotate the driven clutch an additional 1/4 of a turn counter-clockwise and try again.
7. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
8. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed.
9. Clean the area around the clutches thoroughly. Warning: Failure to remove ALL debris when replacing the belt could result in vehicle damage, loss of control and severe injury or death.
10. If replacing the belt, clean with a mixture of warm soapy water and ensure the part number on the belt is facing outward when installed. The belt is part number 3211154.
11. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave.
12. Spin the belt while removing the clutch spreader tool to help seat the belt.
13. Completely remove the clutch spreader tool and reinstall in the tool kit.
14. Reinstall the side panel by inserting the tabs at the bottom and top. Secure the rubber strap and turn the two latches.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.